Tech Barcelona proposes a series of tech talks by and for the tech community.
Tech Up Nights is an initiative originally created together with Ocado Technology aiming to involve the leading tech companies in Barcelona.
- Getting inspired by top content and the opportunity of an open dialogue between techie participants and tech speakers from the leading companies within the sector.
- Creating a space for engineers, data scientists, specialists in UX, software product managers and similar profiles.
- Sharing best practices and challenges, learning about mistakes and solving doubts, at a key spot: Tech Barcelona headquarters at Pier01 Terrace, best view in town! (snacks and beers included!)
Speakers Tech Up Nights Vol. 4
- Predicting and improving team performance: metrics and Monte Carlo forecasting
As leaders, we deal with many challenges, some of which are potentially hard to tackle: knowing if the team is performing well, and predicting the length of any new development.
Assessing performance without metrics would mean making decisions blindly; without data, it is pure guesswork. But which data can we retrieve and how should we use it?
In this presentation, we’ll share our experience finding the right metrics and applying them to perform more accurate forecasting and improve our teams’ performance.
- Naval route optimization with AI
We will explain a real use case where IBM has managed to optimize maritime routes by taking advantage of Machine Learning, several APIs and the design of a Human Machine Interface for its consumption.
IBM: Erim Yurci (Site Reliability Engineer at CE), Wayne Cabanto (Technology Engineer).
More speakers confirmed soon.
Event in English.
Please try to be punctual: Reception of attendees from 6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
This event counts with the support of Ajuntament de Barcelona.
Tech Up Nights – Vol. 4