1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that is stored on users’ computer, mobile or tablet when accessing certain web pages, application or platform and that allow them to recognize their users.
Cookies are currently essential for the functioning of the Internet, providing countless advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating navigation and usability.
Cookies help tailor websites, applications or platforms to your personal needs.
Cookies cannot damage your computer. However, being enabled can help identify and resolve errors, as well as improve user navigability.
Cookies allow, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing preferences of a user or their computer.
Our specific uses of these technologies are described below.
2. What cookies do we use?
Owner of cookies:
- We use our own cookies that we send to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by us and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- We use third-party cookies (e.g, Google) cookies used by third-party companies, social networks or external content add-ons (such as Google Maps). They are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain of a third-party entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
- We use technical cookies that are strictly necessary for the user to access and browse www.techbarcelona.com.
They are those that allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, including those that are used to allow the management and operation of the website and enable its functions and services, such as, for example, control traffic and data communication identify the session , access restricted access parts, control fraud linked to the security of the service, make the request for registration or participation in an event, count visits for the purposes of licensing the software with which the service works (website , platform or application), use security elements during navigation, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound, enable dynamic content (for example, animation of loading a text or image) or share content through social networks.
These cookies do not require the informed consent of the user.They also belong to this category those that are treated by us or by third parties, allow us to remember information for the user to access the service with certain characteristics that may differentiate their experience from that of other users.
For example, the language, the number of results to display when the user performs a search, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the region from which he accesses the service, etc.
These cookies may require the informed consent of theuser, unless it is the user himself who chooses those characteristics (for example, if he selects the language of a website by clicking on the flag icon of the corresponding country).
- We use analytics or measurement cookies that are those that, treated by us or third parties, allow us to track and analyze the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked, including quantifying the impacts of advertisements.
The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform, in order to introduce improvements in the products or services offered depending on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
These cookies require the informed consent of the user.
Cookie retention time:
- We use session cookies that are cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased) and disappear at the end of the session.
- We use persistent cookies that are those in which the data are still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, and that can range from a few minutes to several years.
This type of information obtained through cookies will not be communicated to third parties, nor used for unsolicited communications.
3. How can our users manage the cookies we use?
Users of www.techbarcelona.com can manage cookies and therefore reject them in a unitary or in full way, from the option “Cambiar preferencias”.
If cookies are disabled or rejected, some of the features and/or services may not function properly.
The portal does not exercise control over the websites displayed as a result of your search, links or accesses from our directory. These other websites may place their own cookies or ask you for personal information.
4. How can our users disable cookies in major browsers?
It is usually possible to stop accepting browser cookies, or to stop accepting cookies from a particular service.
All modern browsers allow you to change the cookie settings.
These settings are usually found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser.
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
- Firefox: Preferences -> Privacy and Security
- Chrome: Preferences -> Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy and Security
- Safari: Preferences -> Privacy.
- Opera: Settings -> Privacy and security.
Many browsers allow you to activate a private mode by which cookies are always deleted after your visit. Depending on each browser this private mode, it may have different names. Below you will find a list of the most common browsers and the different names of this “private mode”:
- Internet Explorer 8 and above – Private Browsing
- Safari 2 and above – Private Browsing
- Opera 10.5 and above – Private Browsing
- Firefox 3.5 and above – Private Browsing
- Google Chrome 10 and above – Incognito
5. How can I disable third-party cookies?
Please note that if you accept third-party cookies, you must delete them from your browser options or from the system offered by the third party itself.
If you wish to know the conditions of privacy and use of third-party cookies, you can access the cookie policies of:
- YouTube: https://www.google.es/intl/es/policies/technologies/cookies/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out?trk=microsites-frontend_legal_cookie-policy
- Google: https://www.google.es/intl/es/policies/technologies/cookies/
6. What happens if I do not accept cookies from the website?
In the event that the user does not allow the installation of cookies in his browser, he/she may not be able to access any of the sections of our website.
7. Are my data transferred internationally?
According to Articles 44 and following the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), transfers based on an adequacy decision of the European Commission or where adequate safeguards exist through a legally binding and enforceable instrument between public authorities and bodies, or through binding corporate rules, or model clauses adopted or approved by the Commission, or through codes of conduct or certification mechanisms. Otherwise, the authorization of the competent Supervisory Authority or, if not, the explicit consent of the data subject or other cases set out in Article 49 GDPR shall be required.
We inform you that ASSOCIACIÓ TECH BARCELONA does make international transfers of your data as a result of contracting the hosting and maintenance service of the server where the business management program (ZOHO) is hosted by TB, your data may be transferred to service provider located outside of the ZOHO CORPORATION Economic Area (“Zoho US”) located at 4141 Hacienda Drive, Pleasanton, California 94588, USA and can be accessed on a need basis for support functions provided by ZOHO CORPORATION PVT. LTD (“Zoho India”) located at Estancia IT Park, Parcel No. 140 and 151, GST Road, Vallancherry Village, Chengalpattu Taluk, Kanchipuram District 603 202, India. In this sense, we inform you that TB has signed with “Zoho Group” (Zoho US and Zoho India) the standard contractual clauses adopted by the Commission, therefore offering adequate guarantees regarding international data transfers as a result of hiring this provider. .
8. Is my navigation profile developed and automated decisions are made that may affect me legally or significantly?
We inform you that ASSOCIACIÓ TECH BARCELONA does not profile your navigation that lead to automated decision making that may affect you legally or significantly or if you profile your navigation and automated decisions are made that may affect you legally or significantly.
9. Is my sensitive data processing carried out?
We inform you that ASSOCIACIÓ TECH BARCELONA does not process sensitive data.
10. Learn more